The Kegel exercise is originally developed by American gynecologist Arnold Kegel in 1940s to reduce urinary stress incontinence.
However, it is also used to treat premature ejaculation and effective to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles for males as well.
It is reported that kegel exercises also increase the size and intensity of erections.
What are Kegel Exercises for Men?
Kegel exercises for men are a great way to improve the overall health and hardness of the penis, along with increasing the ability to last longer in bed.
Kegel exercises have one primary function: To strengthen the pelvic floor (PC) muscle.
The Pelvic Floor Muscles
PE muscles are very similar in both men and women. They stretch from the tail bone to the pubic bone, in a hammock-like shape.
The PC muscles support the pelvic organs.
The Kegel exercises strengthens your pelvic floor muscles.
The Benefits of Kegel Exercises for Men?
The Kegel exercise is just as beneficial for men wanting to improve their sex lives, as women. Here are the benefits of kegel exercises:
- Harder erections that last longer, thanks to the improvement of penile blood flow.
- More control over orgasms, causing greater sexual stamina.
- More control over ejaculation causing lasting longer in bed.
- Healthier prostate and are used in the treatment of prostate pain.
How to do Kegel Exercise for Men?
Kegels are a great penis exercise that are easy to do and you can do them almost anywhere. Here are the steps:
- Finding Your Pelvic Floor Muscles – Finding the PC muscle is easy. The muscles used to stop urinating is your PC muscle. Focus on lifting your entire pelvic floor upward. If you’re able to stop or slow your urine in mid-stream, you’ve just successfully located and contracted your pelvic floor muscles.
- Contracting PC Muscles – When you’re ready to do Kegel exercises for men, the first thing you need to do is contract your pelvic floor muscles.
- Holding the Muscles Tense – Hold the contraction for as long as you can. In the beginning it might be hard to maintain contaction however in time you will be able to improve your progress.
- Release the Muscles and Repeat – Release the squeeze and repeat, for 8-10 repetitions. Build up this exercise until you can hold the PC Muscles for 10 seconds each.
If you practice this exercise regularly, you should notice an improvement in your muscle strength, in 4-6 weeks.
You can do Kegel exercises for men anytime, anywhere. In a car, watching TV, or even while at your desk at work.
How Often Should Kegel Exercises be repeated?
Just like any exercise, it’s better to start off slowly and build up in time.
In the beginning it is recommended to do 30-40 repeat every other day. Each Kegel should be contracted between one to five seconds, depending on the PC muscle strength.
Over time: Work up to five to ten minutes a day, four days a week. In time PC muscle will become stronger and your Kegel exercises for men will last much longer.
You can check a more detailed guide about Kegel Exercise for men in my book Ejaculation Advisor.
Just like kegel exercise, there are great tips and exercises on my how to last longer in bed article.
Author: Randy Rochester
As a professional psychotherapist and relationship coach, Randy has been helping couples for years. He had spent over a decade researching and writing about the devastating effects of pe and created Ejaculation Advisor to help others who are in need to have healthier life.